Sunday, March 4, 2012

fuji x100, i so want you

Before I start with my rant of obsession for this camera, I would like to start by saying that I am typing this post using an iPad app called "Blogsy". It's an app that I have been obsessing about ever since it came out. I just didn't have the generosity of paying $4.99 for it. My friend Joe Alonso from Hacking Humanity twitted me and threatened me that I should download the app. No, not really. He said its a good app.

Let's proceed to the real post.

If you are a new viewer of my blog you might not know that I have an old blog address that I decided to replace with this new one. I Am Swank. And on that blog, I posted my Christmas wish list, which I received three out of my six request. (iPad, cologne (Dolce light blue), and a members only jacket). No complains there. However, the one that I really obsess about is the Fuji X100.


I have heard about this powerful camera through the grapevine and did not believe a word they said about it. Why? Because it costs $1300. So, I did more research about it.


The photo it produces are amazing. Yes, it has a prime lens, 23mm (equivalent to 35mm), but yet it boast an amazing aperture of F2. The size is almost pocketable but way smaller than my DSLR and for someone that travels plenty like me, compact is a huge plus.


As I do more research, I saw more photos on a blog that, I wouldn't say frequent, but view from time to time, often. Linhberg Nguyen. He posted that he has the camera in hand and one of the few lucky ones to get it in advance, the photos looks really good straight from the camera, my desire for this grew even more. A few months later, I found out that he posted more about the camera a few days later, an unbiased "non technical" technical review about the camera. My desire has now turned into lust. I lust for this.

I am still uncertain on how or when I can get this piece of masterpiece as my property, but I know one thing, that I will own one of these.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment